Cowichan Valley Breakers Head Coaching and Supporting Coaching Opportunity
The Cowichan Valley Breakers swim club is currently accepting applications for the positions of Head Coach and Support coaches for the 2018-2019 Winter Maintenance season. We are looking for organized, energetic and engaging individuals who are committed and passionate about swimming and helping our young swimmers achieve their goals.
Head Coach Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Planning, organizing and implementing the Winter Maintenance program that they create with the support of the Breaker coaching committee.
- Team spirit and culture.
- Individual swimmer goal setting, evaluation and assessment of progression within the program.
- Commitment to attending all practices and team functions.
Group Coaches Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Support the Head Coach and implement programs designed for groups they are assigned to help.
- Commitment to attend all practices and team functions.
- Previous experience working within swim clubs and or competitive swimming.
- Strong leadership qualities in mentoring young swimmers achieve their goals.
- Strong communication skills in working alongside the Board in creating a fun and competitive swim environment.
- NCCP level 1 certification preferred.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. Previous coaching experience is an asset. Interested applicants should forward their resume and a letter telling us about yourself to the club president: John Bomans email@example.com